Value of IT Certification
Powering change. Advancing careers. And delivering genuine value.
When most of the world came to a halt, the IT community kept moving forward.
Our biennial look at the importance of IT certification is always full of insights— some anticipated, others unexpected. The 2021 results were, unsurprisingly, shaped by an entirely new lens.
The IT community felt an early and ongoing impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, one that propelled it to action. That impact most certainly influenced our survey results, which revealed that tech-focused individuals and industries are placing more importance on IT certifications than ever before.
We learned that when it comes to certifications:
- The demand is growing
- The top motivation is probably not what you’d expect
- The pursuit often becomes a passion
- 16% more certification exams delivered than prior year
- 86% of candidates plan to pursue additional certifications
- 91% of candidates experience increased confidence
- 75% of candidates felt greater job satisfaction
- 28% of candidates earned a pay increase
would recommend certification to a colleague.
received positive impact on their professional image after certification.
experienced their first benefit within 3 months of certification.
received a salary increase after certifying.
Get your survey!
To download your copy of the 2021 Value of Certification Survey, please fill out the form below.
* indicates a required field